The core of Sika Sarnafil’s waterproofing success lies with our high quality, durable G476 membrane. It is a specially formulated fiberglass reinforced thermoplastic sheet manufactured by a unique coating process. G476 is compounded to remain watertight in buried environments of constant dampness, high alkalinity, exposure to plant roots, fungi, and bacterial organisms, as well as varying levels of hydrostatic pressure.
G476 is bright orange which makes it easy to identify and inspect during and after installation. In addition to the G476 membrane, Sika Sarnafil manufactures waterproof membranes that meet NSF61 requirements for potable water and that are resistant to hydrocarbons and other severe contaminants.
The waterproofing membrane’s resistance to ponding water along with its dimensional stability and elongation characteristics makes the Sarnafil G476 an excellent sub-grade membrane. Sika Sarnafil provides the waterproofing solutions and systems to solve a variety of problems and conditions.
Sarnafil G476 Membrane Advantages
- Durable and highly puncture resistant
- Sustainable membrane proven to last under the harshest of buried conditions
- Highly resistant to bacterial growth
- Installation possible in every climate condition
- Same basic formulation used today as developed more than 45 years ago
- Used successfully under green roof applications throughout Europe for decades
- Produced with an integral fiberglass mat carrier sheet for exceptional dimension stability
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion and contraction
- Hot-air welded seams are impervious to moisture infiltration
- Membrane does not absorb water and is thereby unaffected by ponding water
- Easily installed over irregular or existing waterproofing